Eagan Girl Scouts Power Derby 2021
Friday, April 23, 2021 – 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Join us for a night of racing fun!
Power Derby will look a bit different with COVID safety protocols in place. We are planning to have a live race with simultaneous online viewing by families. The Derby is open to Girl Scouts of all ages and their family members.
REGISTER for POWER DERBY
- Click to Purchase Car Kit & Register for Weigh-in Session
- Click to Register for Weigh-in session Only (NO CAR KIT needed)
Participation Cost per Racer
- Grand Prix car kit – $5 each with contact-free pick up or delivery
- Race entry fee – $5 per racer (includes patch & participation pin)
In-Person Weigh-In / Registration
Choose Saturday, April 17 or Monday, April 19 or Wednesday, April 21 (15 minute time slots) at Dakota Hills Middle School Cafeteria
- Register for a specific date and time – cars MUST be inspected and registered to race.
- Download Power Derby Car Rules
- After completion of registration, cars will be held for the race on Friday night
Questions? Contact Power Derby Coordinator – Doreen Gloede, EaganGirlScouts@gmail.com or 651-688-6450
Yoga in the Park – Sat, April 24 – Sunrise 7:00 am or Sunset 7:00 pm
Celebrate Earth Day with Sunrise Yoga 7:00-8:00 am or Sunset Yoga 7:00-8:00 pm at Moonshine Park in Eagan. Registration required by Wednesday, April 21.
Eagan Girl Scout families are invited to attend the Patrick Eagan Park Earth Day Clean-up as families. No RSVP necessary! Household units will be socially distanced and clean-up different areas.
Bunny Hop – Tulip Trot on May 1-2!
Enjoy family friendly springtime fun by participating as a site or as a visitor. How to Participate and Register!
- Display Site: Decorate your yard, home and peek-a-boo windows with bunnies and tulips/flowers for registered Eagan Girl Scouts to find while driving, bicycling or walking around the city. Register as a display site no later than Sunday, April 25.
- Visitor Only: Register your Eagan Girl Scout family as a “Hopper Trotter” and visit displays only. Email EaganGirlScouts@gmail.com to receive a copy of the display map.
- Spring Into Action and donate toiletry items for The Open Door Food Pantry. Two drop-off sites will be available on the site route.
Eagan Girl Scouts Gift Basket Online Auction – May 1-2
Join us for an exciting family-friendly auction to benefit GSRV Family Giving to support Girl Scouts financial assistance program. Post and view pictures of homemade gift baskets between April 23-28 then bid on items May 1-2. Pick up items May 3-8 –just in time for Mother’s Day on May 9 (hint hint)!
More 2021 Eagan Girl Scouts Events Coming Soon!
Virtual Girl Scout Programs
Join engaging virtual Girl Scout programming for all program grade levels on Facebook Live and through Zoom. All programs will be listed on the GSRV Events page. Girls can earn all or part of a badge or Journey during a program and then purchase badges and have them shipped to their home (for free!).
Check out the Girl Scouts at Home webpage for a full list of ways to participate in Girl Scouts during this time, including information and links on virtual programs, online badge-earning resources, virtual troop meeting resources – all gathering in one convenient place and organized by program grade level.
2021 Virtual Volunteer Meetings
Volunteer meetings are generally the 2nd Thursday of the month. Join other Eagan troop and service unit volunteers for helpful information, resources, and networking opportunities! Current registered adult volunteers will receive Zoom links via email prior to each scheduled meeting.
- Thurs, April 8, 2021, 7:00-8:15 pm
- Thurs, May 13, 2021, 7:00-8:15 pm
- Check back for summer and fall 2021 dates!